Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Wow...alot can happen in a MONTH!

Hello everyone, if you still check here...great! If not, I understand, and you aren't reading this anyway. So....

I have been on a temporary hiatus from the blog, but that is changing as of now. I noticed that, if I don't have anything to write about, it gets tedious just doing so for the sake of doing so.
In the last month I have started to see a Chiropractor (sp?). I did not start going because of any back problems have. I started going because my wife works with the wife of one of the Docs, and said her husband has cured people of spontaneous syncopy before. (I think "Whatever dude...nobody else can figure it out, might as well try it.) This has been an enlightening month or so for several reasons.

1. I am a mutant freak. I have thirteen sets of ribs. Normal people have only twelve. Mice and armadillos also have thirteen sets of ribs. Coincidence?

2. I have extra bones to protect the blood flow to my brain. Only 20% of the population has this feature, and of those 20%, 90% are asian. Weird.

3. Chiropracting, while supposedly giving relief of pain and other crap, really just hurts like hell. I never had back pain in my life, and now I am in pain everyday.

4. My spine not only has a sideways curve, but some of my vertebrae are twisted and facing odd directions.

5. My neck has a recurve in it that made the Dr. visibly wince. That's always assuring.

6. Chia herbs will not grow unless you plant them. I still have the damn things in a box, and guess what? No fresh herbs.

7. I cannot be trusted to go christmas shopping on my own. I always go over budget, even when only visiting two stores.

8. Thor, and Corkscrew (the wondercat), will only tolerate each other if you don't look at them. As soon as they think you may see them being friendly, one of them has to go into psycho attack mode.

9. I am a superhero-holic, and cannot stop creating new characters on City of Heroes.

10. I have an eighty pound lap dog. Who is afraid of the 5 pound whatever-dog next door.

11. I have a built in prejudice, and even mild hatred of anyone who uses the words, n00b, l337, ub3r, r0xx0r, pwns, or any other "leet speak". An example of this would be, "dewd u n00b, I pwned yer azz wit mah ub3r l337n3ss, I r0xx0r!!!1111!!eleven!!11!!"

12. Pain is a powerful motivator. Not that this is anything new to me, I knew this already, but I hate going to see any Dr., of any kind, and I am looking forward to my next chiro appt. because it relieves the pain they started for a couple of hours.

10 Comments:

At 15/12/04 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you have admitted you have a problem of creating heroes. It has gotten to the point whenever someone invites me to join their team, I have to wonder if it is really you with a new guy...and all you new characters are higher then me so that also is unfair. Thank you for getting me level 14.
Glad to have you back blogging.
Pain sucks, that is all I have to say about that.
Jay

 
At 15/12/04 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! You are back!! I are happy.

 
At 15/12/04 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back, Joe!!!

-Cheepdogg

 
At 16/12/04 4:57 AM, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Welcome back, man! As for 3., the pain will go away soon. Mess you up to fix you. But the fixing sure can hurt!

 
At 16/12/04 7:08 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

about time you posted again.

Yea, I don't trust Chiropracters. It's like the newage weird medicine man science. They don't really cure anything, they just kind of make joints pop and cause pain. Three of the doctors I've had to see over the last 5 years have advised me against going to see a chiro for anything.

As for #11 I swear two months ago you said I was /<-rad l337.

 
At 16/12/04 8:10 AM, Blogger KTreva said...

So glad you are back! I was starting to get worried and then thought "oh, he's probably just playing City of Heroes and doesn't want to be disturbed!" and now since you have admitted your addiction, all will be well!

 
At 16/12/04 5:09 PM, Blogger Anathematized1 said...

*Looks about guiltily as she hides the stick she uses to poke roadkill with behind her back.*

Errrr...HI Joe!!

 
At 16/12/04 9:19 PM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Awww, shucks guys, thanks for commenting...and now, there will be anew post.

 
At 18/12/04 9:41 PM, Blogger Bou said...

I'm glad you're back... :)

 
At 25/12/04 9:57 PM, Blogger Bulldog said...

Hey LittleJoe,

My second visit to your site. Not a bad place. Disagree with you on some thing politically, but what's life without a little disagreement? About chiropractors, I used to go to Dr. Pat Whitaker there in Rockford. Last I knew (about 10+ years ago), He had moved out to the East Wind Mall, by East State where the recruiting offices are. Great guy and no pain at all. I also walked out of there completely refreshed. If he's still around, look him up. I don't think he charges much for a first consultation, so try him out.

Later,
Bulldog/YHK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home