Saturday, August 14, 2004

Ideally, I would be what???

After doing some research, mainly consisting of observing women, asking subtle questions, and consulting Corkscrew the wondercat, I have finally figured out what women REALLY want in a man.

He must be strong yet gentle, powerful yet sensitive. He must have a great career yet help clean the house and raise the children. He must always be in control of his emotions yet cry at the drop of a hat. He must also be a sex expert who's only been with one woman becuase otherwise he's a pig.

No wonder men are so fucked up. The ideal man is Arnold Schwarzenneggar, Michael Keaton, and Alan Alda, all wrapped into one package. It seems to me that this is a recipe for self loathing and apathy.

It's no wonder Graumagus' retrosexual code (www.frizzensparks.com) has taken off like it has. Men (and some women) are tired of trying to be everything to everybody.

3 Comments:

At 16/8/04 8:54 PM, Blogger Bou said...

Well none of that is what I was looking for in a man, but it's all the media, Little Joe. Look at what they think the ideal woman is. 6'tall, hip bones, and legs up to her chin, beautiful hair, great chest, and all about sex, all the time. Well, that last part I can do, but all that other stuff, please. And our young women, with all the anorexia and neurosis they seem to have now. I could go on and on... its our society in general with the sexes, not just bashing on men.

 
At 16/8/04 11:04 PM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Actually, it's funny isn't it, that what men have to be is all about emotion and stability, and what women have to be is all about looks.

 
At 17/8/04 2:47 PM, Blogger Bou said...

Yeah, it's funny but frustrating. Society doesn't seem to give a shit if a woman's smart. We smart ones always have to work that much harder to get a man's attention. Or at least I HAD to before I got married. My husband is pretty damn proud I'm smart because so many of the guys he knows are married to flakes. And society always seems surprised when a woman is smart and pretty, like you can't be both, which always makes me roll my eyes. Bozos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home