Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Things I have been mistaken for.

I may have mentioned this before, but I am a large guy. 6'6ish, and around 315 pounds. I stand out in a crowd. Which is why it always amazes me when someone bumps into me, or comes around a corner, and mistakes me for something else.

Here's a short list, with my thoughts at the time:

He so big I thought he was a pole (Yeah, I got a big pole for you sweety)
It's like I ran into a wall or something (This wall can crush you mother fucker)
Oh god, I thought you were a tree until you moved (While not a plant, I do have some wood you might like)
I didn't realize you were a real person until you moved (I know, I AM good looking)
Without any statement what-so-ever, I had a person throw their coat on me in a restaraunt
I had someone once try to take shelter under me in the rain, the poor woman almost jumped out of her skin when I said hello (I seriously thought about goosing her, but I would've probably been maced or something)
Small children often use me as playground equipment, hence the nickname "Jungle Joe"

It's interesting to be out in public sometimes.

4 Comments:

At 3/8/04 8:27 PM, Blogger Bou said...

LOL! That is hysterical.

I knew a guy as big as you. He was a friend of mine's son and he was my age. His Dad used to try to set us up. I kept saying, "Lee, this is not natural. I am too small. That's like a Dachshund and a St. Bernard."

I see big people like you and his son and I really don't think, "Wow, he's big." I tend to think, "Damn, I'm short."

 
At 4/8/04 12:51 AM, Blogger Anathematized1 said...

Now I'm starting to feel bad about using you to block out the sun...."Solar Eclipse Joe".

You don't seem that tall to me...But, I have no depth perception and EVERYONE is taller than I am.

 
At 4/8/04 1:42 AM, Blogger littlejoe said...

I forgot about "eclipse Joe". Yeah, that ones fun too.

 
At 4/8/04 10:41 PM, Blogger Bou said...

Well, I hope it doesn't offend you, but you inspired a Post and I linked you on this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home