Thursday, July 22, 2004

Fucking kiddie crack!!!???

After my excitement yesterday in the ER, I went home and tried to take it easy. That was my plan today too, until I realized I had a fucking appointment for a med-check with my shrink.

I say med check, but it should really be read "what new experiment he wants to try on me". Today, I have been prscribed kiddie crack (or Ritalin if you wanna know). At first I thought he was just fucking with me, then I realized he wasn't. He thinks uppers may help stabilize my anger and inability to concentrate.

I sat in the car as my wife drove me to my folks house after the appointment when it occurred to me that I could make mucho bucks from Ritalin...not that I would mind you, but that I could. The shit sells for like five dollars a pill.

I seriously considered keeping this particular medication choice a secret, then decided I may as well share it with the world. I am now on the same medication as roughly ten percent of the kids in America. I always said I was twelve on the inside, now I have proof. I suppose it might even work, nothing else has so far.

On another note, my shrink says I should definately reapply for SS disability, seeing as how I have a plethora of doctors now who can back up my claim. His ulterior motive? I have run out of mental health benefits with my insurance for the year, and the fucker wants to make sure he gets his. (I also think he wants to make sure I don't just stop seeing him, but that's hardly entertaining now. Is it?)

3 Comments:

At 22/7/04 7:16 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

I know a couple of adults that are on ritalin. Prior to you that is. They say it helps them, I'm not big on drugs like that. But if it helps it helps. I didn't realize there was a black market for ths stuff tho.

 
At 22/7/04 8:21 AM, Blogger Bou said...

I'd rather see an adult on it than a kid, to be honest. Sometimes I think parents and teachers don't want to deal, so this is the drug of choice. An adult can make an educated decision. You KNOW what it's like to live in your body. You'll be able to see if there is an improvement and know if it's real or if it's worth it. Plus, you're neurologically developed already.

I just read an article that really smart kids like to take this stuff before and exam... it makes them really really focus and calms them down. I found that disturbing.

 
At 22/7/04 11:04 PM, Blogger Anathematized1 said...

Damn, I wish I had known you were on it. I coulda scammed a pill off of you before my interview. I always go into lala-land and forget about the question they asked me halfway through my answer.

Funny thing is, when I had it, it helped me out TONS, but I still have at least half of the bottle left over from my first prescription.

As long as you aren't manic depressive it might work wonders for your levels of concentration. I thank Ritalin for helping me pass statistics. Had no fucking idea what was going on in that class, but two days before midterms I got my script and actually read the book and looked at my notes (for more than 5 minutes before going off into fragmented thought) and realized it was pretty fucking simplistic. Got a "B" in that class. (Would have gotten an "A" if I had gone more than 5 times that semester.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home