Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Liar, lunatic, or war criminal?

I am not sure who wrote this article, or I would give credit. It had to be posted though.

C.S. Lewis is famous for many of his literary works, but among fellow Christians, he's probably most noted for his "Liar, Lunatic or Lord" argument from his book, Mere Christianity. The argument is based on what Jesus actually said about himself in the Gospels and how he left no room for anyone to consider him merely a "great teacher" or "good man." If what he said about himself was true, he was God in the flesh. If what he said was not true, and he knew it wasn't true, Jesus was a liar of the worst kind. If what he said wasn't true, yet he still believed it was, he was insane and worthy of pity at best. This has been a powerful argument over the years, and I know this from personal experience. My own brother had a spiritual reawakening upon hearing this reasoning and has gone on to serve the Lord in many wonderful ways.Now relax, this isn't going to be a Churchy McPrayalot article. I bring up Lewis' argument because what a man says about himself is the best place to start when deciding if that man is right for a job. Hence job interviews. If what the man says about himself leaves you with a pair or more of very stark choices, the decision is pretty easy. Let's take a look at what John Kerry said about himself in 1971 on Meet the Press, shall we?

There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 caliber machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages*. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions and all of this is ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down. And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals.

Now let's apply the "Liar, Lunatic or Lord" argument to this. If what Kerry is saying is not true, and he knows so, he is simply a liar and should never be considered for any elective office. If he doesn't know he's lying, he needs to be in a place where he can get help instead of running a campaign where hangers on reinforce his need to believe his own lies. If what Kerry says is true, he is a war criminal and should be tried by an international court after he receives punishment for violating *Article 926.126 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. His "higher ups" should be separately investigated, but since they no doubt deny his accusations, we need to assume them innocent until proven guilty. Kerry, however, has confessed and must be brought to justice. If he confessed just to get his "higher ups" in trouble with stories not backed up by after action reports, that's hardly admirable either.When you make bold claims about yourself, you should keep the goal in mind: make yourself look good. Make sense? There really is no room, based on Kerry’s own words, for him to be a good man or a brave war hero who was just following orders. He is a liar, a lunatic or a war criminal. Based on his own words, John Kerry deserves to at least be out of the public eye for everyone's sake and maybe even in prison for war crimes.

And for all those who still complain about the Abu Graihb prison scandal, deal with Kerry's war crimes first, then we'll talk.

Pure fucking genius.

2 Comments:

At 25/8/04 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I am NOT political at all because I see both parties as flawed and nothing but rich men who have lost all sight in the "real world".
Your post has really upset me. My family has always served in the military, and I had an uncle that was forced to do 2 seperate tours in Vietnam. To see what he deals with to this day is horrible. To see what John Kerry is doing is indeed sickening beyond words. Again I will always say you can disagree with the president and all that. Protests can be a good thing, HOWEVER, when you protest as Kerry and his co-horts were doing, you are not against a president, you are protesting every mom and dad's child who thinks he is doing what he is suppose to. You might like the idea, but dammit when you no longer respect and support the man who has his life on the line to protect your stupidity so you can go on TV to be an ass...thats when you know you have an idiot on your hands.

 
At 27/8/04 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or did I hear somewhere that John Kerry served in Vietnam. This guy pulls this out more than a pervert yanking out his wiener watching Howard Stern on E! Hey John! We get it! You served in Vietnam. Great googly moogly! Everybody in the Democratic party gets pissed when people bring up his Vietnam record and then he says it shouldn't be an issue and he talks about it more than I do Pam Andersons tits! Example... "Mr. Kerry, what did ya have to eat for lunch today?" "Well I had eggs but in Vietnam I had just crumbs of bread because I didn't have time to eat in between pulling shrapnel outta my legs and forehead" Mr. Kerry, do you think tax cuts help generate the economy? "Well, in Vietnam I didn't have time to worry about money as I was to busy saving 300 children from live grenade attacks while I was carrying an injured goat that was in flames on my shoulders". "Mr. Kerry do you think its hypocritical to tell us your gonna keep jobs in the us after your wife made all her money doing things over seas?" "In Vietnam we never had ketchup, all we had was flavored dirt and ate hot dogs made outta dog meat and put flavored mustard dirt and ketchup dirt clods on my sandwich and even then I couldn't eat because I had to pull a flaming drift boat to safety with my teeth as my hands were shot off by snipers. I was then able to re-sew my hands back together. It's in the records and you could see for yourself if I would release them which I'm not gonna do!" "Mr. Kerry, who¹s your favorite football team?" "Well, in Vietnam I rooted for the Patriots but I took a bullet in the temple saving an old Vietcong woman from a land mine and I dislodged the shell in my head and then swam to safety. All this with 4 crippled children dangling from my pant legs! It's in my records that I wont release." "Mr. Kerry, Why did you dishonor your fellow troops by marching with Jane Fonda when you came back from the war!?" "I'm sorry I cant hear you too well because I took a pick axe in the side of my head from an attacking gook after I tried to save a kitten trapped in a tree in Vietnam. Next question". "Mr. Kerry, Are you gonna release your Vietnam records?" "Why is it you people always have to bring up Vietnam, What I did in Vietnam is not relevant to this campaign". "Mr. Kerry, Boxers or briefs?" "Boxers But in Vietnam where I won a bunch a medals and took 64 bullets to the body I wore briefs!" Like 2 dudes sitting at a barber shop said watching the news, "For somebody that doesn't want Vietnam to be a campaign issue he sure does talk about it a lot!"



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home