Sunday, June 20, 2004

What? More religious crap Joe?

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm going all koo-koo for religion these last few days, but bear with me, I've almost got it out of my system for now.


Now then.

I am a very spiritual person, I believe in one almighty god who has the power to save my soul for all eternity. God has saved me from Alcoholism, and founded in me some new hope for life. Without god, I was a piece of shit bastard...sure I was fun at parties, but that's really beside the point. I digress..sorry.

Anyway, I feel that it is my duty as a spiritual person to try to share my views with other people, so that they can have the spiritual peace of mind that I have. Physically I'm all fucked up, but I think my soul is doing ok. I don't feel it is my duty to push my beliefs on another person....I don't know if may wy is right or wrong for them, but it's right for me. I feel that if I have shared my view, at least it's something to chew on. Ask anyone who knows me, and they will tell you I do not try to convert anybody, but if you ask, I will explain as best I can my faith.

That said, I don't believe that it is my duty to "cure" people who don't have faith, it's not my problem if I have shared mine with them.

This is what truly pisses me off about Islam, and fundementalist fucktards in general: They don't think you have a right to choose what you believe for yourself, and become angry and sometimes violently so, when you oppose their view of what "religion" is.

I am capable of great violence in defense of my family, my friends, or myself. I am not capable of giving a shit if someone chooses to not believe in god. In the Old Testament, there is a line, "Judge not lest ye yourself be judged". That seems like a damn fine rule of thumb for me. How can I condemn a man, or woman, for that which I myself have been guilty. For all I know in time they WILL believe. But I know that if you force somebody in a direction, it is only natural that they fight back just as hard.

I cannot comprehend how, if the god of Mohammed, Jesus, and Moses, are the same god....as stated in the Korran, and the Old Testament, how anyone can justify killing in his name. I mean on of the top ten is "Thou shalt not Kill". Now maybe I am oversimplifying, but that seems pretty FUCKING straight forward.

It is in the later verses of the Korran, and in other Islamic texts ( they have several they are to read and adhere to ) that the laws of Moses are basically turned on their head. "Thou shalt not Kill", suddenly becomes "Thou shall subjecate, or kill the infidels".

Whoa! That came out of left field. It seems that somehow, through some twisted vision, or psychotic fever-dream, the old prophet got his wires crossed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't understand how anyone can believe it is their right to force anyone else to believe anything. Especially something as personal and special as their relationship with a spiritual being, philosophy, or idea.



There, I think I feel better now. Thanks for reading...if you did.

1 Comments:

At 22/6/04 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can look back at most organized religions and at some point they have all at one point or another tried (and failed) to use violance and fear to convert non-believers. I applaud your beliefs Joe, mine I feel are simuliar to yours but I too have my own set that I follow. I am very sad to think however of people living with that much hate in themselves and the thought of their higher power only wants to instill more hatred. Truly this is something that should trouble anyone who has half a mind
Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home