Thursday, December 23, 2004

We used to have hard wood floors.

I loved the floors in our house, they had that warm glow of hardwood about them. Almost outdoorsy. Alas, our hardwood floors are no more, for we have a german shepard named Thor. For anyone who has had a GSD in the past, or currently, you know what I mean. We have what ammounts to carpeting on our floors now due to Thor's shedding. If I happen to walk around barefoot in the house, I can safely go outside barefooted in the freezing weather thanks to the protection of a quarter inch of fur. (Slight exageration there....slight.)

This is ridiculous. I sweep two or three times a day. No noticable difference after an hour or so.

I brush the dog...to the point that he looks at the brush with genuine hatred now. No noticable difference. (Unless his "Mommy" is holding the brush, in which case it is fine, because Mommy can do no wrong in Thor's eyes....grrr.)

We are going to order a "Shedless Pet" grooming tool, and see if that helps. But for fucksakes WHY does the dog shed like this?

4 Comments:

At 23/12/04 7:06 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

Good luck with that. I don't know if it'll work or not. We found with Bear nothing works aside from shaving his ass.

 
At 23/12/04 9:14 AM, Blogger KTreva said...

Let me know how that Shedless Pet thing works. I saw it in an infomercial and thought "Well, hell, nothing else worked, maybe I should buy that!"

 
At 24/12/04 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah! It's freezing out!
He should be keeping as much hair as he can, not shedding it!
I think maybe he's just confused :P

-S

 
At 27/12/04 10:41 PM, Blogger Anathematized1 said...

His fur is coming off in handfuls. It's a BIT grotesque. (You ARE saving it right so I can spin it and knit hats - I wasn't kidding about that.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home