Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Beef jerkey.

There used to be this infomercial about a food dehydrator. They went on and on about the virtues of their miracle machine. They asked "How much a year do you spend on beef jerkey alone?".
At that time, the answer was "Not a fucking penny you moron."

Now however, I have calculated it, and I spend about two-hundred dollars a year on jerkey alone. There is something terribly wrong with that. I find myself craving jerkey in the middle of the night, in the morning, hell, all the time. I like spicey jerkey, and teryaki jerkey. I like buffalo jerkey too, but only occasionally.
The best jerkey I have had is this homemade stuff I get at the local apple orchard here. It's spicy, and sweet, and not too tough on the teeth. It's like the blue ribbon fucking jerkey.

Why Joe? Why a post about beef jerkey?

Beacause I ran out yesterday, and forgot to pick more up.

4 Comments:

At 23/6/04 12:01 AM, Blogger Anathematized1 said...

I am a complete dumbass. With all of our "meat chunk" talk on Nerd Days it never occurred to me to actually USE my damned dehydrator for custom jerky.

Last time I made some it was pretty damned tasty. I was just sort of concerned about food poisoning.

 
At 23/6/04 7:23 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

Jerky Rocks... I like my jerky tough though. The kind you have to suck on to moisten it up so you can chew it is the best. You can tast it for hours, and it lasts longer. I also like Pilot Biscuits aka Hard Tack.

 
At 23/6/04 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself am addicted to deer jerky but home made beef jerky is AWESOME!!!! We need to get some home made stuff so we can truly be rustic B-)
Jay

 
At 25/8/05 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the GREATEST jerky maker in Montana~~an 'OLD' ice box ~ a hot plate~ wood chips and let that baby go~~ I smoked fish and bird and made TARA~IFFIC "STICKY" jerky.

GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I miss Montana:(

Searching for someone out there that makes and sales "STICKY" but nothing yet~~just hot/spicy

Know of anyone????

TSM~~1kuhlarizonachick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home