Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I bought myself an early birthday present!

I bought myself a new toy today! One week from thursday, I will have four years sober, and I always get a tattoo on my sober birthday. This year, I am getting my tattoo for a very reduced price, thanks to the fact that, one of the guys in my band is a tattoer on the side.

I rode with my brother to his chiropractic appointment today, and the office was right next to a local music shop. I decided to stop in and buy some strings for my bass guitar. While I was there, I browsed the basses and amplifiers they had in the showroom. Let me tell you, if I had 1200 spare dollars, I would own an eight string bass right now. As it stood however, I needed an amp, and I asked the salesman what he suggested for my needs.

He pointed out a few, and they were ridiculously powerful for my needs. (Read as damn expensive.) However, one of the last ones he showed me was this really cool 60 watt amp by a company called Behringer. It is crazy-level loud, and has the most beautiful tone, and a wide range of sounds it can produce. This amp would be mine if the price was right. I decided that since I was getting my tattoo cheap, I could afford to get something for myself that I not only wanted, but have an honest need for. (As I said I play in a basement band, and I have been borrowing a guitar rig that cannot handle my basses capabilities.)

It turns out that the model I was playing was damaged in shipping, and by damaged, I mean it has a SCRATCH on the case...on the back of the case to be exact. This caused him to knock fifty bucks of the price, from the top.

So, I got it. I now have the nicest sounding amp I have ever owned, and it only cost me $150.14 total.

This is friggin cool man, all told, I have purchased in the last two months, everything I need to play in a band again, and I got it all for about $250.

I am off to shake the house apart, I hope yall are having as much fun as me.

7 Comments:

At 14/6/05 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats!

You never did tell us what your Tat was last year. You never posted on what you selected.

 
At 14/6/05 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh fun!! You should have played for us at the blog meet. You didn't have any idea what a groupie I am did ya?

And congratulations on the 4 years by the way. What's the next tat of?

 
At 15/6/05 12:42 AM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Yes I did Bou, and I even posted a picture later too...sheesh some people...lol

 
At 15/6/05 7:01 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

When you actually play some place locally you'll have to tell us so we can go see you play. I remember back in HS you where pretty damn good on the bass.

 
At 15/6/05 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have in my cassette box a dub of a dob of a band called "PUPPY" hahahaha (hold and laugh maniacally)
Jay

 
At 15/6/05 7:49 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Congrats - that is truly great! And a present that you wanted anyhow is very kewl.

 
At 18/6/05 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed it. I kept looking for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home