Thursday, June 09, 2005

I've been meme'ed, and I feel so dirty.

This is the first time I have been hit with one of these things, and unlike seemingly most of you out there, I don't mind. At least it gives me a reason to post something anyway!

Five things I miss from my childhood:

1. Sunday dinners with the family.
I fondly remember having spaghetti, steak, meatballs, chicken, and green pepper salad all at the same time. Everyone in the family would come to my parents house which isn't very big, and we would talk, eat, shoot the shit, and eat some more.

2. My agility.
At one time in my life, I was able to do flips, summersaults, etc., without effort. Now, my six-foot six three-hundred pound ass doesn't move like I want it to. I can however still do a cartwheel perfectly.

3. Living on the same block as my two best friends.
Graumagus, our buddy Jay, and myself grew up on the same block. We were like brothers growing up, and I miss the ability to just hang out everyday without any concern for the grown-up world.

4. Being "cute".
I was a blonde haired, doe eyed boy. There was nothing I could not get with the right ammount of smiling, pleading, and enthusiasm. Even my unfortunate "dutch-boy" haircut, and gigantic head could not stop the power of my cuteness. Somewhere around age twelve/thirteen, I lost cute, and gained scary.

5. Never getting sick.
My mother often tells me, "You were never sick when you were a kid."
I wish I still had that. I stayed home from school "sick" a few times growing up, but I always faked it so I could stay home and play. I had Scarlet Fever, when I was five, and don't think I was legitimately ill again until I was in the Navy.


Ok, now to pass it on.

The rules: Remove the #1 item from the following list, bump everyone up one place and add your blog’s name in the #5 spot. You have to link to all the blogs.
SubliminalKoolaid
The Gun Line
Righty in a Lefty State
FrizzenSparks
littlejoe's Soapbox

Hmmm...since the man who sent this to me has used all of my real-world friends as his tags for the meme, I shall randomly pick some blogs that I read and would like to see how they answer.

TNT
Harvey
Bou
VW
That1guy

Remember that if you don't fill this out and pass it on, you will develop a boil on your butt or something.

9 Comments:

At 9/6/05 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want a boil on my butt... :)

When we meet, will you do a cartwheel for me? I really really really really want to see that!

 
At 9/6/05 9:08 PM, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Thanks, man... put me at risk for another boil on my butt!

 
At 9/6/05 9:55 PM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Bou, if I get a chance to meet you, I will do a cartwheel, and make sure your sheets are not damp.

 
At 9/6/05 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! You know that too! Those damn damp sheets!

 
At 10/6/05 9:39 PM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Male cheerleaders are my idols...I must admit.

I mean, look where they stick their hands...all the time!

 
At 11/6/05 12:13 AM, Blogger TNT said...

I am SO looking forward to seeing a cartwheel...I would take it you can do a round-off, too?

Hmmmm, boils on the butt couldn't be THAT bad...

 
At 11/6/05 8:32 AM, Blogger vw bug said...

Done Done Done Done!!!!

 
At 11/6/05 1:30 PM, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

So let it be written, it is done.

 
At 11/6/05 10:31 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I was never as agile as you describe, but it was fun to climb trees and ride a bike for hours without getting a sore butt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home