Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The soundtrack of my life.

Wow, I have been neglecting posting here. I will start to remedy this by posting a request from Graumagus over at http://WWW.frizzensparks.com/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/667
Track 1: "Leader of Men", Nickelback.
This tune just hits me in a very personal spot. Both for the lyrics, and the time in my life when I discovered them.

Track 2: "Angels Son", Sevendust.
What a great song! It chokes me up when I hear it, and it reminds that I wasn't always a good man. But it also helps me to realize that life is short, and you need to live it hard!

Track 3: "Sober", Tool.
This is one of the greatest songs ever. Period. I discovered Tool while I was living in San Francisco, and needed some kind of anchor in my life. This song wasn't it, but it sure reminds me of that time.

Track 4: "Word Up", Cameo (recently remade by Korn of all people.)
This song is just too cool to not be on my soundtrack. I imagine it would be my travelling song.

Track 5: "Remedy", Jason Mraz
I know this one will shock my friends, but it is such an interesting tune. It reminds me of trying to help everyone, while ignoring myself.

Track 6: "Youth Gone Wild", Skid Row.
I know they suck, but this song is ok, AND it is very remiscent of my younger years.

Track 7: "I've been everywhere man.", Johnny Cash.
I have been to ALOT of places. I love Johnny Cash, 'nuff said.

Track 8: "Crazy", Seal.
Like this needs an explanation.

Track 9: "Even in his youth", Nirvana.
This is one of those, "yeah that hits close to home" songs.

Track 10: "Blue on Black", Kenny Wayne Sheppard.
Everyone needs one grinding bluesy song in their life. This one would be mine.

Track 11: "Sin", Stone Stemple Pilots.
I do. I like it sometimes. I claim this song for Norway. (no not Kenya)

Track 12: "Plush", Stone Temple Pilots.
My buddy Jay and I used to use this as a theme song. It just works for us.

Track 13: "Baby got Back", Sir Mix-a-Lot.
Ohhhhh...yeahhhh....

Track 14: "The Biggest and the Best", Clawfinger.
When I was training for wrestling, this was my theme song/motivational speech.

Track 15: "Backwater", The Meat Puppets.
The lyrics,
"Some things, will never change.
In the Backwater swirling there are somethings that will never change.
May seem, rearranged.
In the backwater swirling there are some things that'll never change."
This is one of those songs that has a great musical hook, and great lyrics. It fits me well.

5 Comments:

At 5/10/04 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I did my list before I read yours or I might have had to make a change or 2...
I propose a toast of sorts, why you ask, because we live another day!
Jay

 
At 5/10/04 5:32 PM, Blogger Contagion said...

Okay, to let the ridicule start:

1) Ice Ice Baby -Vanilla Ice. When this song first came out I hated it, it grew on me while in college and became a staple of Bar karioke (SP?) I now do it in a Sean Connery impersonation.

2) Who Made Who - AC/DC. Reminds me of a lot of the good times my friends and I had younger and I always thought it was an interesting question to ask... am I the way I am because of my friends or are my friends they way they are because of me? probably both... don't think on it too long.

3) Sanitarium - Metallica. Darker days of my early teens and even into adult hood. Especially when I'm in one of my many isolationist/paranoia phases.

4) Maggots - GWAR. I still can't eat subway with out humming this in my head Jay. Just reminds me of different times, and also how I feel at times when I'm irritated with work.

5) The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. The lyrics really spoke to a side of me when I was working in my field of choice and whether or not I would be able to handle all that went with the job.

6) Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something. This is special song for Ktreva and I. It's not really a love song, but it is for us.

7) Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods. (Yes it's a long ass title). This song came out at time when I was feeling really down and it just touched a part of me.

8) Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane. Summer of 92. Right after graduation yet before college. It just seemed to sum up my frame of mind at the time. Like I could go anywhere and do anything.

9) My Own Worst Enemy - LIT. Kind of sums up my self-destructive habbits in dealing with people I like and don't like. I have one of those personallities you either like or hate, there is no in-between.

10)Amazing Grace. Any style. For my Grandfathers. That's all I'm going to say about that.

11) Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet. This song really sums up the darkest time of my life. Fortunantly I found a wonderful woman who helped me find and put away the salt shaker.

12) Green Alba - Steve McDonald. The song really brings back my love of my Scottish Herritage and pride in my ancestory.

13) Highwayman - Loreena McKennett. Just a great song, and reminds me on what I would do for the ones I love, Both friends and Family.

14) Dead and Bloated - Stone Temple Pilots. It's hard to explain, but I find myself just connected with this song. For the longest time, since before highschool, I was convinced I was going to die on my 28th Birthday. However the aspects of the "dream" changed and it never came to pass. obviously. But I still feel connected to the song.

15) St. Elmo's Fire - John Parr. This song always tends to send me into make me feel invinceble when I hear it. That I can overcome any obsticle or problem. I usually listen to it on particularly difficult days.


Bonus Track) Wind Beneath my Wings - Bette Midlar. Another Karioke (sp?) in a Scottish Brogue favorite of mine. That and it does pretty much sum up how I feel about my closest friends and Ktreva.


Well let the ridicule begain. And I'm posting this on all my friends blogs so that they can all share in the pain.

 
At 5/10/04 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll try not to make this too long but I will also post it on everyone elses blog since I don't have one of my own.
The soundtrack to my life, in no particular order:

1. Bad Girls - Donna Summer. When I was a little girl I wanted this album (for those of the younger generation, big black CD's made of vinyl) and got it as a Christmas present along with my first record player.

2. Landslide - Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks - The words say it all.

3. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode. During my hermit phase... damn I miss that sometimes!

4. Just Like Heaven - The Cure. This is not the only song by The Cure that I love, it's just my favorite of all of them.

5. Scarborough Faire - Simon and Garfunkel. Yeah... I know. But my reminds me of my Dad.

6. Glycerine - Bush. While trying to find myself (one of the many times) this song became very important to my state of mind.

7. Groovy Kind of Love (Remake) - Phil Collins. Reminds me of one of the few good times I had in High School.

8. Tiny Dancer - Elton John. For those of you who have seen the movie Almost Famous (GREAT MOVIE) I love it when they are on the bus and all start singing this song.

9. Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin (I think that is the version I like). nuff said.

10. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something. A very special song for Contagion and I. Odd but fitting.

11. Head Like A Hole - Nine Inch Nails. This is still one of the bands (or person, whatever you consider Trent Resner) that I listen to on my "angry" days. Again, only one of the many songs.

12. Hold On - Sarah McLaughlin. ahhh....reminds me of the sucktastic days that never seemed to end.

13. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison. WELL DUH! What do you think!

14. Behind Blue Eyes - Limp Bizkit/The Who. I love both the original and the remake and it makes me very happy to sing my heart out when they come on the radio.

15. She Moved Through the Faire - Song off of the Celtic Voice CD by Lifescapes. I think you buy them at Target or something. I almost cried when I heard it the first time.

I do not have a bonus track, but I do have a bonus artist. Toad the Wet Sprocket. Anathamatized1 let me borrow the CD's years back and even though I had to give them back, I still love them, just have yet to purchase them!

 
At 5/10/04 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...that last one was from me. Forgot to sign it.

-KTreva

 
At 6/10/04 12:38 AM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Actually Contagion, those songs fit you quite well. Nothing to ridicule. I mean, come on, I have Cameo on my list, who am I to make fun of your choices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home