Friday, June 25, 2004

Tattoo...no not the midget.

So, a week from saturday I am going to get my third tattoo. This one is going to be quite a bit more extensive than the two I already have. This one is going to be from shoulder blade to shoulder blade across my back.

I have a really broad back.

This process will most likely take several hours, and cost around 200 bucks. And unlike the previous two, I can see this one actually hurting. Right over the spine especially.

Not that I am a pussy when it comes to pain or anything, an example: I was boxing with a friend, and he clipped my nose, breaking it quite nicely. My response...you win, you broke my nose, that matter-of-factly. No screaming, no whining. Another example: I passed out and broke my first rib, up under my collar bone. I sat around the house for four hours before I noticed that my shirt was sticking out in front. I didn't even say ouch until they started manipulating me for x-rays. (little kung-fu bitches that they are)

I guess what I am saying is, anyone who knows me and wants to come see me squirm and whine, gimme a call or drop a line, and I will give you the details.

9 Comments:

At 25/6/04 3:37 PM, Blogger Anathematized1 said...

I'll go if you think the tattoo artist will let me give it a whirl.

*in bad southern accent* "Joe got a tattoo...and I heeeeelped"

 
At 25/6/04 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have one of the guys with a digi-cam document the process so you can post it up here - that'd be kinda sweet...

-S

 
At 26/6/04 12:21 AM, Blogger littlejoe said...

I have a digi cam, and Anathematized...NO!

 
At 26/6/04 8:32 AM, Blogger Contagion said...

Be man, get the head of your penis tattooed! Actually when/where are you getting it. I might stop by to watch and/or finally get the one I want.

 
At 26/6/04 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You won't get a tattoo Contagion, you've been talking about it for 2 years now and have yet to do it.
Maybe I should get my tattoo fixed.....having children will stretch them out!

KTreva

 
At 26/6/04 9:20 PM, Blogger Bou said...

Hmm. I think watching someone get a big tattoo is not something I could do. Did I miss something or did you tell us exactly what you're getting imprinted?

My sister in law got a tattoo right near her pelvic/hip bone... lower stomach. By the third pregnancy, it was a light blue funky blob. So much for the cool dolphin.

 
At 27/6/04 12:50 AM, Blogger littlejoe said...

Hey D., it's a phoenix/thunderbird, with knotwork wings, adn flames underneath. As in, since I got sober, I have risen from the flames. FYI my other two are sun motifs, one is tribal..ish, and the other is vinework.

 
At 27/6/04 8:11 AM, Blogger Bou said...

Very Very Cool! The design itself is cool, but the meaning makes it exceptionally so.

I've tossed around getting something Celtic on my ankle, but my husband is not so happy at the thought. Then I thought about getting it somewhere that nobody would see it at all or unless I wore a bathing suit, but I received resistance on that one too. My sister and I threaten to go down and do it together, and I think he is kind of horrified we might.

 
At 28/6/04 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who will be doing the latest artwork on the body Joe? Be careful where you go but I know the guys that have done your thus far are very good.
As for the guy who inadvertently broke your nose, and injured you in other ways in life can attest that you do have a good pain tolerance.
Let me know where and when you get the ink done and I might try to swing by and say Howdy!
Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home